Friday, April 8, 2011

About this Blog

Why did I start this Blog? I was motivated by my health condition* and the health condition of our community.
 After listening to a talk by  Claudia Serrato on "Indigenous Veganism" http://www.decolonialfoodforthought.com/
 this coincided with what I wanted to learn regarding the health condition of our community so I put the two together and came up with Aztec Food Blog. I feel that most of our health problems are a result of what we are told to eat,i.e., junk food, comfort food, and the condition of our health industry - doctors, nutritionists, and so on.
I intend to focus on the solution to our community's habit of eating food that is making us sick.

*After my doctors gave me bad news about my health condition I was motivated to do more research into healthy food choices. I also didn't want others to go through what I am going through. So i starting this blog to help our community get healthy.
(this is work in progress)

No comments:

Post a Comment